Applications are taken on an as-needed basis. All applications are required to be completed in full on site at the Gaston Skills location or Salem Industries location. Criminal and driving records are a part of the hiring process and authorizations are obtained from applicants before background checks are made.
Gaston Skills is a hands-on facility, therefore all direct care staff are required to pass NCI Training provided by professionally trained Gaston Skills, Inc. staff. First Aid and CPR are also a requirement before assigned to work with Gaston Skills or Salem Industries clients.
NCI Training includes:
- Part A –Prevention/Alternatives
- Part B-Physical techniques (Core and Core+)
Most frequently open positions are for paraprofessional direct care staff. Essential job functions include:
- --Guiding and instructing clients toward accomplishment of goals set by the individual’s person centered plan.
- --Complete and pass all required initial and any refresher trainings for paraprofessional direct care position before working with population served.
- --Successfully complete First Aid and CPR, NCI-A (Prevention) and NCI-B Core Plus (Restrictive Intervention), and DMH/DD/SAS Core Competencies and required refresher trainings.